1. Blog Archive-list of recent posts.
2. Follow by email-this allows others to keep up with your news.
3. Links List-this is where you can add links to website you and your students use often eg School website, Mathletics, Stuff etc.
4. Image-A good idea to have at the top of the side bar to add a personal touch to your blog.
5. Labels-a list of labels you have added to your posts. This is most important when students are posting to your class blog in order for parents/family to locate their posts quickly.
1. Visitor Counter
3. Live feed - who is looking at your blog and when.
4. World Map of visitors-where in the world your visitors are from.
These items are all created when you add HTML/Java Script gadget. You copy an HTML code from a website into this window, save it and it shows up in your side bar. If you want to access any of these gadgets do a google search for options eg visitor counter for blogger or alternately find one you like on a blog, double click on it and it will generally take you to the website where you can create your own. Some eg Clustr Maps requires you to enter a username and password to create a map.
Have fun and be as creative as you like.
How do I add these gadgets?
1. Click on "design" on the top right of the blog window.
2. Click on "layout" of the left side of the design window.
3. Go to your sidebar (may be left or right side depending on the layout of your blog) and click on "Add a gadget".
4. Follow the instructions in the gadget window. Save.
5. You can move the gadgets up or down to get them in the order you choose. To do this click on the gadget, hold down and move up and down as you wish until you have it in the desired place/order.